To assist our members outside the US, SPE has begun offering pre-orders through the bookstore that can be picked up at selected conferences. This option is NOT available for all SPE conferences. The conference website, along with communications to attendees, will allow you to determine whether this option is available for any conferences you plan to attend.
- You can purchase any book or accessory that SPE sells
- You're not dependent on the books SPE has for sale at the conference
- You know you're getting the books you want
- Everything will be prepared for you to pick-up your books and go
- You won't have any shipping costs for books picked-up onsite
How to place your order
- Log in to the store (this is your SPE website login)
- Add items to your cart
- Select checkout now
- In the dropdown for shipping methods, select Conference Pickup ONLY
- Select Pay Now and input your payment information. [If paying by check (US Dollars only) or wire transfer, the funds must reach us and clear by the cutoff date specified on the conference website.]
- In the notes field, please indicate that this is a pre-order for pickup at [name of conference].
- You will receive a confirmation email. We suggest that you print this and bring it with you to the conference.
Please note that your credit card will be charged immediately, even though you are not picking the books up until later. [SPE requires payment before shipping your order to the conference.] You will be notified by email before the conference about when/where you can pick up your order. Onsite, you will be asked to verify and sign that you have received the materials ordered.
If you do not pick up your order on-site, you will be contacted and shipping charges (from the US) will apply to get your order to you.
Non-members. You will not see the conference pickup option. If you are attending the conference and would like to pre-order, place the books in your cart, select checkout, then save the order as a quote. In the box for notes, please indicate that you want to pre-order for pickup at [name of conference]. Bookstore staff will adjust your quote and inform you via email when your order is ready for payment.
If you are not attending a conference where this option is available, then do not select Conference Pickup ONLY as your shipping method. This will create confusion and delays, as well as require a subsequent payment to cover shipping costs before your books are shipped to you.